Why does it make sense to list a home now? Shouldn’t I wait until the Spring?
These are legitimate questions we hear occasionally from our clients.
It turns out there are several good reasons to list a home in December or January instead of waiting for April or May.
The first reason is low competition. Today there are only:
- 279 homes for sale in Larimer County
- 263 homes for sale in Weld County
- 2,151 homes for sale in Metro Denver
So, a home on the market today has high odds of standing out in the market versus the higher-inventory market in the Spring.
In addition to lower competition:
- Buyers looking in the winter tend to be more serious and motivated by tighter timelines
- Interest rates will likely be higher in the Spring which will impact the purchasing power of Buyers, and consequently, the selling power of Sellers.